• Sales, Marketing and Communications professional, 17 years experience in Europe and The Middle East
• Positive management style with an ethos to lead, inspire and motivate potential
• Excellent communicator, influencer and networker
• Confident and diligent with planning and strategy
• Calm under pressure, high standards in job performance and accountability
• High levels of integrity as a front-line corporate representative
• Fundamental understanding of fashion marketing and merchandising
Gulf News Broadcasting
Dubai, UAE www.gulfnews.com
Head of Sales 2009 - 2014
• Led the Sales Department at a large Multi-Media corporation based in Dubai. Gulf News is the No. 1 English Newspaper in the Middle East
• Hired, trained and coached staff
• Responsible for all company revenue generation, setting of budgets and sales strategies
• Conceived launch strategies for new radio stations (Arabic & Hindi language stations)
• Negotiated contracts with MBU’s and Direct Clients to maximize share of spend
• Developed and implementing the digital strategy
Dubai, United Arab Emirates www.palmaholding.com
Manager Sales and Marketing 2005 – 2008
• Consistently exceeded sales targets
• Established Customer Service Department and expanded the Sales team. Interviewed eligible candidates; conducted appraisals and performance reviews; and provided training and development courses
• Lead and motivated customer service representatives and real estate advisors
• Conducted feasibility studies on potential new development projects including The Jewels, Dorrabay and Infinity Tower (since renamed Cayan Tower) which launched towards the end of 2005 and handed over in 2013
• Created and implemented inventive marketing strategies to attract new business in a fiercely competitive market
Emirates Airlines – Corporate Communications
Communications Manager – Sports Sponsorships
2002 – 2005
• Managed all non-media aspects of international sports sponsorships
• Event creation and management
• Provision of promotional materials such as giveaways, banners, flags, trophies
• Coordinated with local Emirates offices worldwide to facilitate their requirements and objectives for corporate hospitality at sponsored events
• Managed and trained promotional team to generate maximum publicity at events in line with Emirates Airlines brand guidelines
Key 103 and Magic 1152 Radio (EMAP Group)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Account Manager 2000 – 2002
• Attracted new business and converted incoming leads to meet sales targets.
• Created media plans and selected airtime based on target market analysis.
• Worked in a high-pressure environment and committed to individual weekly forecasts.
• Used creativity and initiative to create and implement unique Sponsorship & Promotion packages tailored to suit specific business objectives.
Breakfast Show Presenter 1999 –2000
• Researched local and world news, current affairs, fashion news, trends, celebrity news.
• Wrote and presented daily weather and traffic bulletins.
• Contributed to on air dialogue related to news / current affairs.
• Interviewed musicians, bands and celebrities.
• Hosted outdoor broadcasts and emceed client and station events.
Fashion Marketing Diploma 2015 - 2016
LaSalle College Vancouver
High School Diploma (10 GCSE’s grade A and B) 1992 - 1997
Stockport Grammar School
Proficient in ;
All Microsoft Office programs
Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Content management systems and social media platforms
Honors and Awards
Received the award for ‘Development of the Year’ at Mipim in Cannes in 2005 on behalf of Palma Holding for my involvement in the development of Infinity Tower