Fusion English is an English Language College focused on the provision of educational programs to international students, delivered by a qualified team of staff committed to quality practices. Our people are our most valued asset. For more information about Fusion English and our exciting future, please visit www.fusionenglish.com.au.
The Sales and Student Recruitment portfolio provides leadership in all matters relating to positioning the Fusion English to its best advantage within the English education sector in an increasingly contested market place. The portfolio is specifically responsible for student attraction and recruitment activities.
The Sales and Student Recruitment division plays a critical role in delivering on a number of the Fusion English’s strategic priorities through targeted student attraction. Its success also provides a solid foundation to the Fusion English’s financial wellbeing and business sustainability. The division has a strong customer focus. The functional units include: Sales, Student Recruitment and Recruitment Support and Conversion.
The Admission Advisor provides support to the unit in meeting international student enrolment targets, within budget, for Fusion English/ADA in key student source market/s and region/s.
The position has a specific purpose of providing Fusion English/ADA on-shore and off-shore student recruitment activities within Australia and specifically allocated market/s and region/s. The role operates within a relationship network involving Fusion English/ADA academic and administrative staff, agents, schools, representatives of governments, students and sales and marketing professionals.
- Reporting line : The position reports to the Sale Director Global Admissions, Asia Pacific under broad direction.
- Supervisory responsibilities: The position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Financial delegation and/or budget responsibilities : The position has no budget responsibilities.
- To recruit to agreed targets suitably qualified international students to study Fusion English/ADA programmes from priority market/s and region/s.
- Work with other Student Recruitment Advisors and the Sales Director Global Admissions, Asia Pacific to implement sales and marketing strategies to deliver accurate information and advice about Fusion English/ADA and their courses to prospective students.
- Manage the day-to day operations of allocated market/s and region/s and deliver the results for campuses (Melbourne and Brisbane) by achieving the set targets for the market/s and region/s for every financial year.
- Coordinate and support visits to Fusion English/ADA by agents, institutions/schools, and other key external stakeholders, ensuring they have information required for international students to assist in increasing applications and enrolments from designated student source markets.
- To undertake recruitment visits to priority markets, participate local and international events/expos and to provide reports and market intelligence on these activities.
- Work in partnership with the Marketing team to effectively promote the Fusion English/ADA brand in designated markets.
- To manage relationships with the LCI’s overseas representatives in priority markets and work closely with representatives in order to recruit students.
- Identify, investigate and target new market/s or new sales channels with potential for high quality prospective students.
- Organise and evaluate events designed to attract quality applications to Fusion English/ADA, ensuring all events are focused on recruitment goals, meeting targets and following up leads in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and participate in visits to agent offices, schools and other key stakeholders – in consultation with the Sales Director Global Admissions, Asia Pacific.
- Coordinate academic and other Fusion English/ADA staff involved in student recruitment activities.
- Ensure all Fusion English/ADA agents are fully and correctly trained and informed about courses and Fusion English/ADA products, services and relevant processes.
- Provide support, as required, to the Recruitment Support and Conversion and the Admissions teams within the Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment to ensure students and agents receive a high standard of service.
- Organise the collation of information for inclusion in Fusion English/ADA publications and for distribution to prospective students, agents, schools, and other key student recruitment channels.
- Provide detailed reports on recruitment activities including market trends, challenges and explanations of any variances from recruitment targets whether higher or lower.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of student recruitment activities.
Key selection criteria
- The appointee will have:
- a degree in a relevant field with subsequent relevant experience, and extensive experience in a sales/recruitment role within the industry.
Knowledge and Skills
- Prior experience of developing sales plans and achieving sales targets in English language programs, pathways and degrees.
- Current knowledge of higher education issues, in particular with respect to domestic and international student recruitment.
- Strong level of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Highly developed presentation skills including experience in presenting to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in event organisation.
- High level written and verbal skills including an excellent telephone and customer service manner.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to consult and negotiate with clients and colleagues, including the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing and working with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Ability to interpret and convey complex issues
Other job related information
- International and local travel (of weeks at a time) will be required.
- Overtime and out of hours work (including evenings, weekends and public holidays) will be required.
- There may be peak periods of work during which taking of leave may be restricted.
Ensure you are aware of and adhere to legislation and policy relevant to the duties undertaken, including: ESOS (Educational Services for Overseas Students) Act; Equal Employment Opportunity, supporting equity and fairness; Occupational Health and Safety, supporting a safe workplace; Conflict of Interest (including Conflict of Interest in Research); Australian Competition and Consumer legislation, particularly in regard to Anti-Competitive Behaviour; Paid Outside Work; Privacy; Research Conduct; and Staff/Student Relationships.