Administrative Assistant - Admissions
Summary: This position will provide administrative support to the Admissions Department.
Key Job Elements:
- Perform routine clerical duties including filing, copying, typing, preparing agendas and meeting minutes. Order supplies and maintain all office equipment such as fax machines, copy machines, and printers.
- Answer telephones and direct inquiries as appropriate. Greet visitors and direct them to appropriate destination. Maintain calendars, schedule travel arrangements as needed, schedule meetings, set up Web Ex meetings
- Enter data into database system, run reports to provide data out of database system
- Track spending and submit budget reports following budgetary guidelines. Act as a liaison with vendors in ensures invoices are up to date. Assist in forecasting future budgetary needs
- Participate in special projects as assigned, Act as contact person and keep timeline updated.
- Plan/Coordinate off-site conferences and events
- Act as a backup to the reception desk, enrollment processer.
- Other duties as assigned
Reports To: Senior Director or Director of Admissions
Interacts With: All campus departments
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
a) High School Diploma, Associate Degree preferred
b) 3-4 years of progressive experience providing administrative support.
c) Experience scheduling conference calls and meetings.
a) Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
b) Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
c) Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
d) Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite.
a) Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
b) Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
c) Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
d) Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
Applicants should submit a Word or PDF compatible resume and salary expectations to email@example.com – with the subject header Administrative Assistant - Admissions no later than March 19th, 2017.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all candidates in advance. Only candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted.