Facility Manager – Vancouver
Responsible of for:
- Manage the different campuses: Art Institute of Vancouver LaSalle College Vancouver, Canadian as a Second Language Institute, in line with the established plan;
- Manage contracts (security, cleaning, HVAC, etc.) and trades (plumbers, electricians, painters, etc.);
- Manage the multidisciplinary team offering the services to the campuses and assuring the delivery of high quality services;
- Assure proper repairs and development of building carpentry, painting, plastering and refinishing, including the schedule of repairs, maintenance and preventive maintenance;
- Coordinate work of the Maintenance department with other department functions so as not to interrupt student and/or normal business activities;
- Manage the different maintenance jobs, permits; inspections required by the head office or other authorities (City of Vancouver, BC Safety Authority, etc.);
- Meet with the various managers of campuses to evaluate their level of satisfaction and special needs;
- Use computerized tracking systems to ensure accurate collection of all maintenance work;
- Assure the safety of the campuses and their occupants;
- Investigate all security breaches;
- Accountable for OR
- In charge of department personnel selection and efficiency management within established personnel policies and budgetary resources;
- Perform audit and report weekly to the Director – Real Estate on campuses conditions;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimal experience of 5 to 7 years in facility management;
- Good sense of analysis, troubleshooting and decision;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent knowledge of construction and commercial British Columbia BC building codes;
- Knowledge in budgeting and forecasting;
- Experience working with plumbing, fire protection, HVAC, electrical systems, and data centers;
- Offers good customer service;
- Action and result-oriented;
- Possesses excellent time-management, organizational and written and verbal communication skills;
- Hold a driving license (asset);
- Ability to frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds with assistance;
- Ability to stand and walk for lengthy periods of time;
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one’s own priorities;
- Available off hours for emergency or campus needs (occasional).
Applicants should submit a Word compatible resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org – with the subject header Facilities Manager no later than March 25th, 2017.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all candidates in advance. Only candidates who meet our requirements will be contacted.