Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Junior Accountant has primary responsibility for performing all Accounts Payable related functions in compliance with the accepted accounting policies and practices of our organization.
Key Job Elements include but are not limited to –
- Processing invoices, expense reports and cheque requests.
- Following up on any missing documentation, including P card receipts, and ensuring that they are submitted for processing in a timely manner.
- Establishing and maintaining both electronic and paper based Accounts Payable files.
- Preparing account entries and generating supporting documentation.
- Providing exceptional customer service and building positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including coworkers, staff, students and vendors.
- Following up and responding to inquiries and/or questions in a timely manner.
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies in consultation with the Director of Accounting.
- Supporting the Director of Accounting in the preparation of financial statements by performing account reconciliations, bank reconciliations and completing financial analysis related tasks, as requested.
- Participating in all phases of the year-end close and annual audit.
- Providing coverage at the Finance window as scheduled or required.
- Calculating, processing and posting tuition and fee charges.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Diploma in Financial Management or Accounting supplemented by three to five years of transactional accounting experience.
- Proven aptitude for performing mathematical calculations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Superior organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service and to build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize the features of the MS Office suite and a variety of financial and/or accounting related software packages.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and to work collaboratively with other departments.
If you are interested in being considered for this exciting career opportunities, please forward a Word compatible resume, along with your salary expectations, to email@example.com by no later than March 31st, 2017.
While we thank all candidates for their interest only those candidates who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.