Provides direct desktop to all on ground clients; function as team lead on assigned project tasks; provide Tier 2 and some Tier 3 support for business-critical applications and functions. This position encompasses general lifecycle maintenance of administrative and classroom computing technology. This maintenance includes, but is not limited to, researching new technology, securing quotes and appropriately assisting in the planning and deployment processes, tracking and accountability of equipment, and adhering to guidelines for decommissioning and disposal of managed technology.
Key Job Elements:
- Providing day to day equipment maintenance and support as well as professional end user support.
- Utilizing his/her experience and judgment to set and accomplish goals, as well as perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Supporting remote users including remote desktop management tools and implemented.
- Providing tactical and strategic input on overall desktop related projects; functioning as team leader for assigned project tasks; and, providing Tier 2 and some Tier 3 support for business-critical applications or functions.
- Articulating situations and opportunities to IT Management, in both spoken and written form, that are beneficial to the overall desktop process and procedural flows.
- Adhering to and executing documented desktop policies, processes and procedures.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or technical institutes degree/certificate in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technology field.
- Minimum of 3 years field-related experience with emphasis in desktop operations and desktop support systems.
- Understanding of advanced desktop infrastructure, commonly used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Previous experience as an 2nd Level Analyst.
- Virtualization Support Specialist ESXi would be a definite asset.
- Customer service orientation and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe and Autodesk Products, current Windows and Apple operating systems as well as prevalent mobile device operating systems.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
- Knowledge of endpoint and security management systems (Altiris, SEP, SCCM, WSUS, Deploy Studio).
- Robust oral and written communication aptitude.
- Familiarity with IP phone and Video Conferencing technology (Siemens, Polycom).
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, and the ability to interact successfully with academic as well as business personnel.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to self-manage while performing the Key Job Elements while still keeping the Technical Support Supervisor informed of all progress.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to confidently assert self and handle circumstances which call for defusing expedited user support situations.
- Ability to recognize problems and develop solutions which may include the investigation and review of new hardware and software products.
- Ability to lift monitors, desktops, towers, printers, and incoming boxes of computers and assorted technology.
Interested applicants should submit a Word compatible resume and cover letter which includes his/her salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org and with the subject heading Tier 2 IT Desktop Support by no later than April 13, 2017.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants for their interest but only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.