LaSalle College Vancouver is looking for energetic, self-motivated, organized and proactive P/T Instructors with significant practical experience to work in our Culinary department.
The successful applicants will possess a passion for his/her craft supplemented by the ability to share his/her knowledge, follow a set curriculum, and inspire our students to be the best they can be in their chosen field of study.
He/she will also have a flexible schedule that allows him/her to work at anytime from Monday through Friday and starting at 6:30 a.m., if required.
Key Job Elements:
- Designs and delivers class instruction through the development of instructional plans to meet course competencies and the development of activities which support lesson objectives.
- Delivers learning-centered instruction by establishing a classroom environment conducive to learning and student involvement as well as effectively planning and preparing for classes and student success.
- Demonstrates an understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect of the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background and sexual orientation of students.
- Manages the learning environment through keeping accurate records, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic and attendance policies.
- Participates in bi annual school committees, professional development programs, and special projects as requested by the Academic Department Director.
- Relates professional/life/industry experience to learning by the continuation of professional/technical skills development, the introduction of industry perspective into courses, and the active awareness of professional/industry trends and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior post-secondary teaching experience would also be preferred.
- Current industry experience (5+ years preferred).
- Expert knowledge of the Culinary profession.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
If you, or someone in your network, is interested in pursuing this exciting career opportunity, please submit a Word or PDF compatible resume along with a cover letter that contains his/her salary expectations by no later than August 31, 2017.
***Please note that the next round of classes are scheduled to commence on October 2, 2017***
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants in advance but only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.