LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 22 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
We are currently seeking an incredibly talented and tech savvy Financial Analyst to join our Finance Team.
The Financial Analyst assists in the preparation and analysis of relevant KPIs to support decision making at LaSalle College Vancouver. The incumbent is also responsible for the maintenance of student accounts and college financial information they relate to the financial performance of the LaSalle College Vancouver.
Key Job Elements:
- Demonstrates appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and applies them, if and when required.
- Maintains and develops various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by Finance during the planning processes, ensuring quality, accuracy and focused analytic reviews.
- Investigates and reports inconsistencies or improprieties, if any, to the Director of Finance.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual audit file and develops and implements internal controls.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of various general ledger accounts.
- Assists in the maintenance of student accounts and financial data accuracy.
- Oversees the ongoing maintenance of all relevant financial data pertaining to the revenue and expenses of the day-to-day operations.
- Extracts, manipulates and organizes data in response to management requests.
- Tracks and reports various KPIs relevant to the college’s operations.
- Prepares financial reports, charts, tables and other exhibits, as requested
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Reports To: Director of Finance
Interacts With: Entire Finance Team as well as other members of the LaSalle College Vancouver team.
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Two to five years of relevant experience, preferably in the education sector.
- A CPA designation would be considered a definite asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Excel skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial software programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business procedures or governmental requirements as they apply to the Finance department.
- Ability to plan, organize and structure work.
- Ability to actively listen to customers (e.g. students, Faculty and Staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
Applicants should submit a Word compatible resume and cover letter, which includes his/her salary expectations, by no later than October 12, 2017.
We would like to thank all applications in advance but only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.