Using knowledge of design patterns, multithreaded development, and distributed systems, the Software Engineer will design, implement in the required language of current platforms (90% .Net, 10% Java), accessing MS SQL (Stored Procs, ETLs, Reports, etc.), including Xamarin for Mobile apps, CSS, Sitecore, CRM Dynamics 2016.
- Using knowledge of object-oriented development, design and implement new components or enhancements to existing components for a large, multithreaded, distributed, cloud-based transactional solutions;
- Design, document, implement and unit tests;
- Work closely with the software architect to lead the technical aspects in the team through system architecture, design, implementation and maintenance phases;
- Work with team of software engineers to clarify requirements and to devise designs that are reliable, scalable, and maintainable;
- Work in a self-driven, fast-paced, Scrum/PMP oriented process and environment;
- Be able to work in a team AS a team, as important as the technical knowledge and the technical performance;
- Communicate effectively in writing and in person, using the language of modern software design, including UML and design patterns, architectural views of the solution;
- Collaborate effectively with diverse teams to produce quality products;
- Recognize and adapt to frequent changes in priority and direction as business needs change.
- Generalist Engineer experience (various technologies, mainly .Net and MSQL SQL but other too: Java, NodeJS, CSS, HTML 5, etc.);
- You've engineered enough that you know how to leverage your preferred tools;
- Someone who is curious and is ready to challenge established ideas, and learn fast with the right online training material/courses;
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and get things done quickly, under plan, as a teamplayer;
- Ability to collaborate, communicate, learn and ship;
- A very strong understanding of web fundamentals and architectures;
- Problem solving skills, attitude, facts and experience;
- Software engineering skills, attitude, facts and experience.
- DEC or B.S. in Computer Science or related field;
- Industry experience developing with .Net and MS SQL. Java desirable. CSS, HTML 5, preferable;
- Experience developing multithreaded systems with detailed knowledge of techniques required for collaborating components;
- Experience with developing resilient distributed systems;
- Experience creating and understanding large-scale, object-oriented system designs;
- Experience with system-level and/or server-side software development;
- Xamarin for Mobile apps, CSS, Sitecore, CRM Dynamics 2016;
- Bilingual: French and English;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Unlimited Online Technical Training using top tech platforms;
- Certification Exams reimbursements (under some conditions);
- International company established for more than 50 years;
- Network constantly growing;
- Daycare in the workplace;
- Regular (permanent) full-time position;
- Group Insurance Plan;
- Retirement Savings Plan;
- Company located in downtown Montreal; the Software Engineer is based in Montreal, at 1400, du Fort Street.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted.
We support an affirmative action program and invite visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.
Note that adaptation measures can be offered to people with disabilities according to their needs. We invite you to make such demands if appropriate.