Marketing & Communications Manager
LaSalle College Vancouver is a member of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 22 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involved, our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial-minded leader with significant marketing expertise to join our high performing team.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and metrics driven environment; enjoys a challenge; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and, instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to both the President, LaSalle College Vancouver, and the Director of Marketing Operations, LCI Education Network, the Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for developing and operationalizing comprehensive and strategic marketing strategies (advertising, promotions and events) that support the achievement of targeted student recruitment activities across a variety of platforms and with a view to increasing lead generation, inquiry targets and conversions. These activities are guided by the LCI Education Network’s Marketing division.
In concert with the Director of Marketing Operations, LCI Education Network, the Marketing & Communications Manager will also mentor, develop and supervise three direct reports, a Graphic Designer, a Marketing Coordinator plus the Assistant Manager of High School Programs.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Planning, managing and coordinating the student recruitment marketing plan, including advertising strategies across a variety of platforms (web, social media, print), promotions and active participation in a variety of on campus and off campus events, including but limited to, open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, and orientation programs.
- Participating in the development and coordination of special and adhoc projects/initiatives.
- Driving the development and production of effective marketing materials and communication tools (web, pamphlets, etc.).
- Writing and/or editing the related content.
- Managing social media and web platforms on behalf of the campus.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to continuously improve processes and the branding positioning of the campus in both the domestic and international market.
- Building internal and external stakeholder relations including alumni engagement and outreach.
- Establishing and monitoring a system of reports and analytics that effectively monitor key metrics, and activities to successfully meet target markets and to provide institution leadership with visibility to success.
- Developing and overseeing the related budgets.
- Managing the High School Program.
- Overseeing trade shows, community outreach events and campus Open Houses.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Director of Admissions, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Director of Marketing Operations, LCI Education Network
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business supplemented by relevant and meaningful work experience in a related field while meeting specific and measurable objectives that contributed to the overall success of an organization.
- Previous experience working at the post-secondary level would be a definite asset.
- Proven track record of developing and operationalizing a comprehensive and strategic marketing strategies that support the achievement of targeted student recruitment activities across a variety of platforms.
- Self-starter and results orientated.
- Team player with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and a growth mindset.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation and writing skills.
- Graphic arts to a level that is sufficient to support the development and production of effective marketing materials and communication tools (web, social media, print, internet, intranet, etc.)
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; effective team and partnering skills; and, an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Demonstrated technical expertise utilizing a variety of IT systems including a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, etc.
- To analyse data and trends.
- To interact effectively and work collaboratively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders including institution leadership.
- To initiate and lead projects.
- To anticipate and appropriately respond to issues and challenges.
- To adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities.
- To deal with ambiguity and to successfully meet deadlines.
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.
If you or a member of your personal network are interested in being considered for this exciting career opportunity, please send us a Word compatible copy of your resume and a cover letter, including your salary expectations, by no later than December 8, 2017.
We will thank all applicant for their interest only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.