LaSalle College Vancouver (LCV) is part of the LCI Education Network, which is present on five continents and has 22 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures with which it works.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Our experienced and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing world-class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and driven environment; enjoys a challenge, consistently meets, or exceeds, expectations; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude; and instinctively knows who his or her target audience is and how to effectively “speak” to that demographic.
Reporting to the Dean of Academics, LaSalle College Vancouver, the incumbent is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the College as it pertains to Academics, including but not limited to, the attainment of key drivers, standing school committees, recruitment of qualified faculty, scheduling, performance metrics, quality of instruction, professional development, regulatory compliance as it pertains to program offerings, overseeing special projects, and ensuring quality curriculum and educational experiences for students.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage, supervise, motivate and/or train the members of the Academic team
- Provide leadership to ensure attainment of key drivers, including student credit ratio, expense to revenue and persistence targets
- Chair standing school committees
- Coordinate Faculty recruitment in conjunction with the members of the Academic team and the local Talent & Culture team well in advance of Quarter starts
- Oversee the scheduling process for each Quarter including section offerings
- Maintain high academic standards by promoting teaching excellence and professional integrity
- Conduct performance reviews on behalf of the Academic Department Directors and/or Program Coordinators, as required
- Provide input into, and execute, the annual professional development plan on behalf of the members of the Academics team
- Ensure program offerings are industry-relevant and current and are regulatory compliant
- Stay abreast of technological changes and innovations in the workplace and classroom
- Oversee special projects as directed by the Dean of Academics
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Dean of Academics
- College Leadership Team
- Members of the Academic team
- Executive Assistant to the President and Dean of Academics
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- Masters’ degree in related field
- Five or more years of increasingly responsible experience in Education, including academic management, advising and teaching at the post-secondary level
- Fiscal and personnel management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Supervisor problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Action and results orientated
- Strong interpersonal skills with a range of populations
- Strong leadership, effective team and partnering skills
Abilities and Attributes:
- Lead a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and motivate the activities of others
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- Contribute to the execution of a strategic plan
- Analyze data and trends
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Team player with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
All employees at LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.
If you or a member of your network is interested in this exciting career opportunity, please submit an Word compatible cover letter, including your salary expectations, and resume by no later than January 22, 2018.
While we thank all applicants for their interest only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.