LaSalle College Vancouver is part of the LCI Education Network which is present on 5 continents and has 22 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2,000 employees who support more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
LaSalle College Vancouver offers a variety of design-based programs that respond to professional demands. Thanks to our reputation and continuous industry involvement, our experience and dynamic teachers are passionate about providing word class instruction – both theoretical and practical – to our students.
The ideal candidate profile for this position is someone who thrives in a dynamic, fast paced and driven environment; enjoys a challenge; consistently meets or exceeds expectations; possesses a strong customer service focus and a “can do” attitude.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, LaSalle College Vancouver, this person is responsible for recruiting domestic and international students for admissions to our College. He/she also works with Agents and the Global Admissions team at LCI Education on behalf of our international student base.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Manage inquiries and respond in a timely manner
- Contact assigned leads
- Provide an indepth overview of the educational programs the College offers plus the expected outcomes, related course costs, financial planning and internal support mechanisms that are available to the students of LaSalle College Vancouver
- Schedule and conduct telephone and in person interviews with prospective students, their parents, support networks and educators.
- Pursue qualified candidates for enrollment and determine appropriateness of candidates for admission based upon career goal compatibility
- Secure new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) through daily activities
- Manager document collection for qualified candidates to complete the enrollment process
- Utilize the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to assist with the admissions and application process
- Forecast project new students on a periodic basis for the Director of Admissions
- Conduct follow-up meetings with prospective students, parents and educators to ensure successful matriculation
- Participate in admission and enrollment activities, including but not limited to, open houses, regional presentations, training sessions, orientation programs, and other related events
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Prospective students, their parents, support networks and educators
- President, LaSalle College Vancouver
- Global Admissions Team at LCI Education
- Members of the College Leadership Team
- Admissions team
- Employees and students of LaSalle College Vancouver
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Communication or Business
- Relevant and meaningful work experience in a related field while meeting specific and measurable objectives that contributed to the overall success of an organization
- Previous experience working in an admissions or student recruitment environment
- Demonstrated technical expertise utilizing a variety of IT systems including a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, student recruitment and retention platforms, etc.
- Experience in High Education is an asset
- A sincere interest in helping others achieve life goals
- Additional language skills are considered a definite asset
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a range of population
- Sales and marketing skills
- Effective team and partnering skills
Abilities and Attributes:
- Work collaboratively
- Plan, coordinate and execute the related workload
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to manage by influence
- Analyze data and trends
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and demonstrate that proven ability in everything he/she does
- Flex his/her personality when interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Listen, understanding and respond positively to inquiries.
- Team player with a positive attitude, a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy and tact
- Listen effectively and respond appropriately
- Work independently, and effectively, under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Adapt to changing assignments and juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, priorities
- Deal with ambiguity and successfully meet deadlines
All employees of LaSalle College Vancouver are defined by key attributes which we value. These attributes are: action oriented, innovative/creative, resourceful, respects peoples’ individuality and differences, engaging/effective communicator, committed to sharing knowledge and best practices, have a global perspective, embraces change, client/customer focused, and resilient.
If you or a member of your network are interested in being considered for this exciting career opportunity then please submit your Word compatible cover letter, which includes your salary expectations, and your resume by not later than January 26, 2018.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants who meet the specific job requirements will be contacted.