Now present on 5 continents, LCI Education Network has 22 post-secondary campuses and approximately 2000 employees who train more than 12,000 students worldwide each year. From one country to the next, LCI Education favors the harmonization of its programs, which makes for greater flexibility, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect towards the various cultures it works with.
This resource will be responsible for developing and executing activities to achieve student recruitment targets for campuses in Monterrey and Canada. This position will report to the Director of LCI Monterry.
- Promoting our schools located throughout the network;
- Provide a professional, customer-focused public face for LCI Education Network, promoting the institution in a way that is consistent with the schools;
- Coordinating international student recruitment activities in the target region in collaboration with the International Bureau team;
- Representing the LCI Education Network at fairs and other related events, and hosting regional information sessions;
- Research on external marketing trends and provide input to strategic marketing decisions related to countries/regions of responsibility;
- Implementing sales strategy for assigned Region and customer base;
- Identifying emergent opportunities in the Region;
- Identifying and meeting sales targets for all campuses, securing new business in a sustainable manner;
- Working in collaboration with the International Bureau and Marketing teams in developping marketing strategies (paid search, email campaigns, and social media activities);
- Creating, maintaining and developping relationships with customer base;
- Ensuring timely admissions and state-of-the-art customer service by making steady follow ups with clients;
- Maintaining liaisons between the admissions teams, agencies and feeder network as well as our campuses in the designated region to ensure a high quality partnership, including resolution of enrollment and student service issues;
- Assuming responsibility for the regions’ agent network, nurturing relationships, monitoring performance and resolving issues;
- Providing recruitment and promotional support to existing overseas partners;
- Maintaining all CRM systems in a timely and accurate manner;
- All other related tasks.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in either educational administration or related corporate roles with direct experience in either or both admissions and recruitment;
- Demonstrated success building external partnerships;
- Experience in successfully recruiting students in a competitive international environment, both directly and via third parties;
- Previous experience in dealing directly with education agents is an asset;
- Experience in successfully planning and executing sales and marketing strategies, ideally through a channel partner distribution network;
- Possess knowledge of the international education services industry and overseas education systems;
- Willingness to travel (Minimum of 12 weeks per year);
- Demonstrated familiarity with or experience in put relevant country;
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to solve problems, take decisive action and bring creativity and dynamism
- Being flexible towards work (e.g., in terms of hours and content), including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of recruitment activities both locally and abroad when necessary
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, cope with workload pressure and tight deadlines
- Be self-motivated and good organizer;
We support an affirmative action program and invite women, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply. We use the masculine as the neutral gender to refer to both women and men. Note that we offer adaptation measures to people with disabilities according to their needs. We invite you to make such demands if appropriate.