Published by Espresso-Jobs, June 15th, 2017
Tomorrow’s the big day: you’re meeting a recruiter for your dream job, which corresponds exactly to your skills and interests.
The excellent site The Muse has listed 11 steps to take to make sure that everything goes according to plan and that the result goes in your favor.
- Choose your clothes, so you won’t have to find matching socks or find the right shirt 10 minutes before you have to leave.
- Pack your bag and make sure you have everything you need.
- Find out where you’re going, use Google Maps to find the place and figure out the best way to get there.
- Review answers to the most common questions (your strengths and weaknesses, why you want to work there, etc.)
- Research the people who will be interviewing you. Look on Google and LinkedIn to get an idea of what the recruiter is like.
- Print out your resume: a copy for you, one for the person you’re meeting and some extra copies for people who might join the interview.
- Plan your breakfast and eat it before you leave home: you don't want to be distracted by hunger during the interview.
- Prepare for the worst: check the weather forecast and the traffic before you decide your schedule.
- Create a cheat sheet to make sure you know your interviewer’s name and their exact role in the organization.
- Set your alarm on your alarm clock or your smartphone (or ideally both...) to make sure that you wake up on time.
Get a good night's sleep, turn off your PC and the TV, get off social media and try to relax.